Jennifer and Randy Pizzotti


Moments that have touched our lives, and maybe will touch yours.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Step by step...

I often get in a hurry in this crazy little life of mine, whether I am at work trying to meet a deadline, or at home just trying to get dinner on the table (before 8pm), the dishes or laundry done, kids bathed, dogs fed, calls returned...need I go on.  Anyway, life these days feels like a race, the kids are busy normal 2 and 4 year olds...this is how its is supposed to be, right?  I began about a month ago taking a yoga class in Daphne.  No contract, so the cost and loss when missed is not felt in my pocketbook, so no excuses.  I have to admit I love yoga, I love the "me" time, the quiteness, the breathing, the relaxation, and the stretching is not bad either.  So twice a week I sneak away (thank you Randy) for my 75 minutes of pure bliss.  I am feeling less stressed, and generally much happier.  Its nice that life sort of slows down when you LET it.  Dana shared a very well written passage at one of our recent classes that has really stuck in my mind. I googled it so that I could share it with all of you. 

"Walk Slowly" by Danna Faulds
It only takes a reminder to breathe, a moment to be still, and just like that, something in me settles, softens, makes space for imperfection.
The harsh voice of judgement drops to a whisper and I remember again that life isn't a relay race; that we will all cross the finish line; that waking up to life is what we are born for.
As many times as I forget, I catch myself charging forward without even knowing where I am going, that many times I can make the choice to stop, to breathe, and walk slowly into the mystery.

hmmm...food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.